How to encourage repeat bookings for your Holiday Home
Repeat bookings and the word of mouth marketing that tend to accompany them are invaluable components for running a successful holiday rental. Whilst there are a number of factors in why guests choose to return to a property, such as the area, the style of property and the facilities, one of the most important is the level of personal service they receive and how well they feel treated by their hosts. By offering a welcoming, personalised service and putting time and effort into the extra touches, you can greatly increase your chances of repeat bookings, and the cost effective marketing that comes with them.
Some of our top tips to encourage repeat bookings include:
- Maintain a responsive dialogue with guests. Be communicative, quick to respond and genuinely interested in facilitating their needs. Quick response times and an interest in their holiday tells guests that you are trustworthy and can be counted upon for future bookings. It’s also good practice give guests a call the week before their holiday to confirm they have all of the information they need and if there is any other way that you can be of help. Make sure they know that you’re available during their stay to answer any questions.
- Make arriving a pleasure. Welcome packs full of tourist information, useful contact details and local produce are excellent ways to make your property more inviting. If you know your guests have children or pets, including some small bits for them can also make a big impression. Personalisation is an excellent way to ensure guests remember their stay.
- Ensure your property is stocked with basic supplies. There is nothing worse for guests that turning up after a long journey to a property that doesn’t stock the essentials. Ensuring that guests have access to tea, coffee and milk as well as other basic amenities will make an excellent first impression. A welcome process that works like clockwork is an essential part of making a positive impression.
- Follow up and ask for feedback. Give your guests a call or an email after their stay to ensure all went well and ask for their reviews. Be open and willing to take constructive criticism. It also also worth asking if you can use these reviews in your marketing material and online reviews.
- Keep in touch. Ensure your contact details are in the property and guests’ details are added to any relevant mailing lists you keep. Give previous guests first choice of upcoming offers or tailor offers specifically to what you know about their preferences – for example, pet friendly properties can be advertised first to guests you know have dogs.
- Think about offering guests preferential rates if they book again with you for the following year. Or consider offering this discount to their friends and family to encourage them to pass on information about your property.
Travellers are often creatures of habit, with over a third of holidaymakers willing to return to places they have already been and enjoyed. The best way to encourage guests to come back is to ensure they feel wanted and welcome in your property. Providing a genuine, personalised service is an invaluable marketing tool and will go far in keeping your properties successfully booked all year round.
For more information or advice on how to successfully market your property, contact TS Property Services on 01738 506211 or email@example.com.